Monday, May 11, 2009

Gil Scott-Heron Documentary on BBC (2004)



Stumbled across some gems on Twitter the other day. Back in 2004 BBC did a documentary on the great Gil Scott-Heron. Anytime I get to see or listen to some Gil Scott-Heron I jump at the chance to do it and share it. Which is why I still can't live down that I let a non-starting car and a bad cold keep me from seeing him at Sugar Hill last year. I'm getting mad all over again just thinking about it.

Anyways, check after the jump to peep the rest of the interviews as well as an interview he did with NPR in 2007.











LISTEN: Interview on NPR (2007)


BONUS: Gil Scott-Heron "Message To the Messengers" (if you're calling yourself and emcee/rapper or whatever. You need to listen to and embrace this song as your holy grail)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Living in the Bottle" is one of my go to records (whenever I do manage to spin). Thanks for this.

RENE said...

HES PERFORMING AT S.O.B.s IN NYC JUNE 10TH...IF UR NE WHERE NEAR THE CITY.....