Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Big Boi Speaks on his "Lucious Leftfoot"



If you came around these parts last week you saw that I posted a piece on Big Boi's "Space Jam Jordans." I happened to have the honor to hang with the entire Dungeon Family during their reunion yesterday (photos and story coming soon) and as soon as Big Boi saw me he called me out: "AY N*GGA YOU WANNA ASK ME SOME SHIT ABOUT MY SHOES?!?" So apparently, another one of my favorite rappers is also a reader of www.MAURICEGARLAND.com. Nice...and he gave me the official blessing on the site logo. But yeah, check out the video as Big Boi gives you the reasoning behind him wearing those "Jordans."

7 comments:

Big_seth said...

I do want to say that the rendering of your logo is very bad. I can redo it & pay true homage to OutKast for you. I can see the resemblance, but it looks like it was made from clip art.

No hate, just saying.

southpeezy said...

@ Big Seth

Thanks but no thanks.

marcus said...

great post and thanks for the video! Big Boi seems real nice and like a fun character.

guess it's obvious to everyone reading this blog, but that WAS Cee-Lo steppin in talkin bout the picture, right?

Anonymous said...

Cee-Lo rocking the Campbellton Road shirt! Whats this reunion all about?

Designated_D said...

Yo You are doin ATL a big favor featuring these local scenes.

DONT Leave ATLANTA. You're a better journalist than Gyant. More respected. More Objective. Keep doing it.
I'm a student at Emory...holla.

Unknown said...

Real OutKast Shit!!! Fuck the Shoes, look at the car!!! Straight Otis Redding game...

Mama's Mustache said...

dat nigga Big is wild lol