Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Neighborhood Watch




Ok peep game...

Two guys are breaking in the house next door. A concerned neighbor hears glass breaking. He calls 911 to report robbery saying "two black guys" are breaking into his neighbors house. Dissatisfied with the police's response time, he decides to take matters into his own hands. While on the phone with the dispatcher, he says he's going outside with his shotgun. The dispatcher tells him to stay inside. Concerned neighbor sees the robbers climbing out of the window with "bag of loot." He claims that he's not gonna let this go down in his neighborhood and he's "gonna kill'em." The dispatcher advises him, better yet pleads for him not to go outside with his gun. He does anyway, citing that a new gun law allows him to do so. Its not known if the robbers have guns themselves, but they do have the crowbar they used to break in the neighbors' house. The police still haven't showed up. The concerned neighbor feels threatened by the robbers presence and refuses to let them get away. While on the phone with 911, he tells them "Im going outside, you hear me cocking the gun." He goes outside and says "hey you, you're dead!" And he shoots...to kill. Three shots. Then he runs back into his house telling 911 to hurry up and get down there. Both robbers are found with shotgun bullets in their back, meaning they were running away. Police finally arrive to see that the robbery has ended in a homicide. After a few months, the concerned neighbor isn't charged with anything, and is considered a hero by most locals. Is that right or wrong?

That wasn't a fiction story I just made up in my head. Its all true and you can listen to the call for yourself.



A cop stays in my old neighborhood. He was pretty much the neighborhood watch. How do I know? He acted like he wanted to arrest me when he caught me trying to break into my own house after I realized I left my keys at home while running out the door to school. I've also seen him break up crowds of kids just standing around on the corner looking like they was up to no good. Granted, I'm not the biggest fan of the Po-Po, but I know that this dude, as well as some of his fellow policemen don't operate with ill intent. They actually wanted to protect the neighborhood...without deadly force being their first and only option.

This concerned neighbor though. I don't know man. As much as I want to roll with Obama's message of racial harmony, I can't help but to think that this shit was racially motivated. I don't know buddy, but I mean, this concerned neighbor, named Joe Horn was an old ass white dude in Texas.



Call me wrong, but I tend not to think he is one of the cool White people that don't get caught up in racial division. He looks old-school if you ask me. Old school as in he likes to shoot cans whenever he gets the opportunity.

You know...Afri-cans, Mexi-cans, Domi-can Republi-cans, Puerto Ri-cans, South Ameri-cans. Come to find out these two "black guys" were actually two illegal immigrants from Columbia.



What better opportunity than to shoot a couple cans while committing a crime?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend criminals. Both of these dudes were here illegally and doing illegal shit. Hell, they even had priors. But got damn though man? Did they deserve to get shot in the back by a person they weren't even fucking with?

I asked myself what I would do if I was in Joe Horn's position. I came up with a couple scenarios including everything from minding my own damn business to calling the police to holding the dudes hostage with my gun and placing them under citizens arrest until the cops got there to shooting them in the leg so they couldn't get away. Hell I might have even called my other neighbors to come outside and just whup their ass, take the loot back and not-so politely kick them out the hood.

I don't think I would have shot them in the damn back while running away. Did ya'll hear how Horn just went outside, screamed "you're dead" and got the shooting? It doesn't sound like them dudes even had a chance to turn around. Let alone threaten HIS well being. Granted, a criminal is a criminal and a bullet in their body doesn't necessarily turn them into an innocent victim. But damn man...is the way this went down right? I mean Horn isn't being charged with nothing. You'd think that the guys broke into his house, whupped his ass and took his shit the way this has unfolded.

Since Horn was cleared of any charges relations between the locals have grown intense.

What do ya'll make of all of this? Do you think its okay to shoot dead robbers who aren't stealing from you? Do you think Horn saw an opportunity to shoot some cans in the name of "self-defense" and acted recklessly? I want to hear from ya'll on this one.

For the record, this story is old. It happened late last year. But its back on the radar since Horn was cleared of any charges as of yesterday.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iono man, I'm kinda for that shooting robbers business. Keeps crime down, ya know?

Funny how I knew this shit happened in Texas without you even telling me.

On a more serious note though, dude didn't have to kill them -- you are dead on (no pun intended)about that one. He could have held them there til the police arrived. There is a moral to the story though - Crime Doesn't Pay -- especially when you're black and the next door neighbor has a loaded rifle.

Anonymous said...

Who knows what really happened. These guys were robbing in broad daylight...thats some bold shit. It almost make you think they had a reason other than being greedy for running up in the spot. Who knows, they might have been stealin some shit back, like OJ...or the same way you was breaking into your own house cause you locked the keys inside.

I don't want nobody like this staying next door to me. He might shoot me at night because he see me getting in my own car, thinking Im stealing it.

Anonymous said...

Joe Horn sound like that cop on that skit on the end of 2Pac "Made Niggas"...when he said "um Sarge, we got a bunch of niggers down here."

Guess these dudes wasnt Made Niggas...on the skit, the Made Niggas got let go..."Let Em go, i repeat, they'e made niggas" lol

Anonymous said...

: damn, good story. stuff like that has happened in da"A", too. not sure what i'd do. i don't trust too many these days and i especially can't trust someone committing a crime right in front of my face. my house migth be next and they could harm me & my family. if he had the relationship i have with my neighbors, i'd prob. shoot to kill too, cause they too close for comfort and u know how mufu's come back to retaliate sometimes. n '08 and beyond it's shoot first, ask ?'s later. better to b safe than sorry and i'd feel safer knowin them cats was gone for good. times is tough and i've been robbed b4 so i can't feel for them, i know times r hard and it causes for people to resort to crime & other drastic measures, but don't bring dat shit no where around me. i got a 2yr old daughter andi WILL shoot to kill, so i don't have to worry about u no mo. remember big boi's verse on atliens, bout turnin in your guns to get playoff tickets to a hawks game against da hornes. he said forget that, i'm tryin to protect my family and i feel him. i don't bother nobody so i feel that gives me the right to protect my family by any means necessary. i'll pray for them though, that's about all i can do. with all that said, i do believe he was a dirty white man, cause history has shown us you can NEVER trust crackers and their intentions..
he just need a reason and they damn sure gave him one. i'm angry at them for that, too.

Anonymous said...

This is unbelieveable! THen again, is it? I mean when 3 Officers can let of 50+ shots at innocent Black men and be vindicated, nothing really should shock us. This cracka knew exactly what the fuck he was going to do. Murder the "bad guys" he told the dispatcher right there over the phone and we all heard it, so in essence, this is premeditated MURDER!! nothing less!!

Anonymous said...

he got off scot free? are you serious? i dont even like guns, but ima have to start packing know people like him out there.

Anonymous said...

This just go to show the mind set of certain white folks in America. He got away with murder and the justice system sanctioned the action of this racist.

Anonymous said...

i am not sure about this one... i was shocked when i heard on the news that he got off...

i wish he had shot the leg like you mentioned... cops are trained to shoot the shoulder if someone has a weapon, but thats the difference between someone "trained", and someone who is not...

i am NOT feeling these people that are robbing all over the world... "even though what we do is wrong" is some STRAIGHT BULL...i work for mine EVERYDAY and you comin in to MY crib to steal mine??? no, this dude went a little too far, but my mom always told me "you live by the sword, you die by the sword"...

i'm sorry for their families. but i bet they won't have no more robberies in that neighborhood... someone might kill that old man, but robberies... NAAAWWWWW!

Anonymous said...

He killed those guys like some roaches in the kitchen. The robbers were gonna get there's one day, but this is still wrong to me.

Anonymous said...

it trips me out how many people's comments are light weight supporting KILLING someone for stealing.

really, dude? you telling me a life is worth less than what, $300, $400 worth of merchandise? that shit is crazy...

and no, i'm not condoning robbery. the robbers were wrong. that ain't the point. the point is, their life, your life, my life-- is worth more than whatever amount they were able to steal from the house. this is just an illustration of how warped and at the end of the day, evil, our thought-process as humans has become.

we are in a depression. these stories are only going to get more and more common as people get more and more desperate. where are you gonna stand?

Anonymous said...

The value of a life obviously isn't worth shit these days.

I wonder would he have gotten off if he was black and the robbers were white...

Anonymous said...

WOW

"I like to shoot cans (Afri-cans, Mexi-cans etc.) whenever I get a chance."

Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Dude was on Good Morning America and he said he didn't go out there specifically to kill them. He was just trying to get info for the police. See, this is just one big misunderstanding.........

Anonymous said...

I'm Black and I've said all the time, If you are breaking into my home or a neighbor's house and I see you, I'm busting shots.

Next time it could be me and there is no way to know if they are the kind to rape, or shoot my loved ones. Can't be tolerated.

I don't care if they are running away or not. Better that they are, actually. Because that means they aren't shooting.

Anonymous said...

You can tell he was happy to shoot'em!