Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Killer Mike Speaks on Nas' Nigger


.

When is BET and them gonna invite my dude to come speak on these panels? This is an audio interview with Johnathan Hay, but they've provided text for the more profound points. Very interesting stuff.

Especially when he spoke on White people not being allowed to use the N-word but admitting that if he heard a White boy from Cabbagetown say it, he'd probably understand since they know what its like to be treated like one. For a while, White folks in Cabbagetown were on the bottom of the city's totem pole. But he stated that he is very against White dudes from Alpharetta using because they can't even begin to relate to anything attached to the word. But yeah, listen in on this. And by all means, discuss.

Props to Shake

Oh yeah. I had some video of Mike performing at his album release party. I recorded it with my new Flip cam. But the quality ain't the best so I didn't post it. But fugg it. Here it is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a jewish dude from Roswell. I say nigga when I'm listening to music mostly I guess. I don't say it too often other than that. Word stigma is silly to me I guess, maybe i'm just white (or am I? I was told on the phone the other day that jew is a race. it confuses the fuck out of me. i checked caucasian on that SAT so I guess that's what I am) and I don't get it. Killer Mike still is the dude.

Anonymous said...

I think race relations are more or less stalled-- whites aren't really allowed to express any sort of viewpoint without being made to sound racist, or incorrect in some way. Things haven't moved very far since that girl asked Malcolm X what we could do, really.

It's kinda f'ed up, when you think about it. If blacks don't want to hear whites' opinions, it leaves whites essentially saying-- "well, I can stand over here while you fix your own problems amongst yourselves."

Of course, that doesn't go over well either. Ya'll are just waiting for someone to wave a fairy wand and have it all disappear, aren't you?

But seriously, there's going to have to be some uncomfortable talks before shit can move forward. Maybe the next generation will be more successful...

Anonymous said...

GREAT f*ckin' interview. Much respect to Killer Mike, and to you for posting this one. Gracias, homie.

Anonymous said...

I agree with what Killer Kill said about Nas and him changing the title. That was a bitch move no matter how you look at it.

Anonymous said...

i figured i would throw in my two cents on mike's comments. im a full blooded iranian (i dont sugarcoat it and say "im persian" like most my fam) born and raised in the A (yes, a Grady Baby). With that being said, the only time I really say nigga is when I am singing along in the car. Is that wrong?? I dont go up to folks in the street saying "whats up my nigga".. I mean black people address me as "nigga" sometimes at work(example: two black employees talking about me- "this nigga mike thinks the hawks are gonna beat the celtics"..) and that confuses the shit outta me. I never use it back though. I dont feel guilty using it when I think Im a rapper in my car jammin to the beat though...