Friday, December 4, 2009

R.I.P. Chad "Pimp C" Butler 1973-2007


Of course...Bun B wrote this song about Pimp C when he was away in jail...but the song is still fitting (if not more) in his death.

Damn...its been two years already? What would Pimp C think or say about what's going on in rap right now? A whole lot I could imagine. Sometimes I forget that he's not with us physically anymore because hell, I've listened to him for years and continue to do so. You can still hear traces of his influence in rap right now actually.

I wrote a piece for XXLMag.com back when I used to have the Black Ice blog/column over there. It pretty much sums up how I feel to this day.

XXLMag.com/Black Ice: Southern Hip Hop No Longer Immune

5 comments:

QuantumPeach said...

i can't believe its been two years!

Ryan M Black said...

I'm a white dude so everyone thinks I'm tryna be ironic and funny talkin' so much about him today and how it's shitty he's gone, but really...how the fuck is he gone? You listen to those records and it's impossible to see like, headstones and obituaries, you can only see what he's talkin' about...

I dunno. My favorite rapper and rap producer. Sorely missed

Anonymous said...

http://limelinx.com/files/7d88973f973bc9085f6e00e83feba2aa

Click on the link to download Swazy Baby's new mixtape "1st Round Draft Pick" Hosted by DJ Krunch One

Rome Brown said...

R.I.P. to the Pimp. I'm search through my library for a Pimp C or UGK song and a corresponding sample.

"All these rappers lyin"

Kicket said...

R.I.P. Pimp C, check out the tribute radio show i hosted 2 years ago that i just re-upped on the 187 Prod website to commemorate his passing:

http://www.187prod.com/187-Show-183-R-I-P-Pimp-C-Tribute.html