Tuesday, June 1, 2010

One Year Later: Dungeon Family Day



This time last year I was the envy of my professional peers, friends, family and even my girlfriend at the time as I got to kick it with the Dungeon Family fresh after their top secret photoshoot for Linda Hobbs' well-known VIBE feature.





There was alot of awkwardness around me posting the pics and video I had, because the VIBE feature was supposed to be a surprise. That has died down for the most part because hell, its a year later. But still, its kinda awkward going back and looking upon this because shied...there really hasn't been much music or action from the Mighty DF since then.

Don't get me wrong, there have been some absolutely wonderful moments to go down since then. Mainly Goodie Mob's Reunion Show at the Masquerade and the tour that followed. Big Boi's solo album is finally about to come out. Dre is rumored to be in the studio more and actually rapping (I heard one of the songs...whew, fie. Straight fie.) From what I know, Goodie was recording material for their new album up until about a couple months ago. Cee-Lo is back in the studio working on his solo stuff. Backbone is still working and soliciting his services via Twitter. I ran into Ray Murray on Friday at the Stankonia event I hosted and I think he may have mumbled something in my ear that sounded like an invite to hear some new stuff at the studio. Organized Noize will be getting honored at the VH1 Hip Hop Honors. But that's about all can remember going down since this time last year.

I know I'm not the only one anxiously awaiting for the DF to reclaim their thrones. Do you think things have shifted here like we were expecting since DF "reunited?" Or do you think things have remained the same.

If anything DF-related has been developing/going on that I don't know of, please feel free to share in the comments section.

1 comment:

Blakout said...

I have a feeling things are about to really start picking up. Like you said,its only been a year since that vid and of course things werent going to start happening back to back just like that. The Goodie Mob reunion was big. Hell im happy that big boi finally got an official release date. And did you hear about this Dre3k/young jeezy record???? Big boi mentioned it in a radio interview a couple wks back.