Friday, July 3, 2009

Dungeon Family x VIBE Cover Shoot video footage



If you've been visiting the site for the last month or so, you know the story behind the above video. I was on twitter on Monday, June 1st and saw that a someone (who I still don't want to put on blast, because they wasn't supposed to be doing it) was sending out twitpics of what was supposed to be a surprise Dungeon Family Reunion/VIBE Cover Photoshoot. Now, I had already knew of the story being written because I had a couple friends who were interviewed for the piece, but the photoshoot was a surprise. Of course, when I saw the twitpics I snatched them and put them on the site, "fanhood" like a mah fuggah. Within seconds they were all over the net.

Of course I wanted to find out more of what was going on and since I saw that the homie Spree Wilson was actually down there I hit him up to see what was up... When I got in contact with him he told me they was wrapping up and headed over to Stankonia which was right across the street from me. He also told me that he is super cool with Linda Hobbs, the writer of the story, that he was the only person allowed to record at the site and scored some Flip cam footage of the photoshoot and spoke to everybody (except Andre 3000) and wanted to give to me to put on the site.

By the time we hooked up for the footage exchange and walk over to Stankonia, his phone started blowing up with someone on the other end from VIBE saying "TELL YOUR FRIEND TO TAKE THOSE TWITTER PICTURES DOWN." I'll tell you now, I'm not one of these ruthless blogger niggas out'chea. Since VIBE has showed me nothing but love through my career, I promptly took them down. BUT, as you saw, I still put up the pictures I took at Stankonia and made no mention of VIBE's shoot, out of respect...even though the cat was let out the bag.

VIBE also asked that me and Spree sit on his Flip cam footage until around the time the story came out. Cool. But shied, as you've probably already heard, VIBE went out of business on Monday. Because of that, what was supposed to be two-part story, will only have the first half see the light of day. So, I'm just gonna assume that they don't give no damn about me putting this video up.

So...here it is, Spree's footage from the shoot, edited by me. Hope you enjoy. Yeah, the vid is 11 minutes long, but I know DF fans aren't from the information overload/short attention span generation, so, yeah.

Oh yeah, shout out to the homie Michael Jordan and his The Underwriter blog. Apparently his "30 Reasons Why Atlanta Is Dying Off" post he made a while back struck a nerve, which is why Rico Wade shouts it out at the end of the video. Mike said that a Dungeon Family reunion would be the only thing that could save the city. Mike also felt that my November 2008-February 2009 blog hiatus was the #12 reason why Atlanta was dying off. Hopefully these are signs that the city is coming back.

PREVIOUSLY: Dungeon Family Day | Big Boi Explains His Lucious Leftoot

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

any luck in getting in touch w Linda to get part 2 of the story?

The commoner said...

My dearest Mr. Garland,

ATL has seen a lot of f___ery in the past couple of years, but I for one never thought that it was dying off. In fact I still have dreams of moving there someday. But I digress. I have been a frequent visitor to your blog since your, now famous, "Dungeon Family Day" post. You have yet to disappoint. This vid is great. Maybe it's nostalgia, but I am glad that you posted. I am now going on Youtube to find the Tans DF express video.

Alan Page said...

please ask linda and vibe if you can post the second part of her story on this blog so the people can see it. thank you!

sheslboogie said...

Omg this video had me close to tears. Im so happy to see my favorite crew back together, all together. To see Cee-Lo sittin next to Khujo and Gipp walking around in the background, Witchdoctor, Big Boi, Dre...omg..I wished and wished a day like this would come.

Mama's Mustache said...

DF all the way holmes! Come check out Mama's Mustache new blogspot at Mamasmustache.blogspot.com!!!

404 said...

I fucks wit Dungeon...