Thursday, March 11, 2010

Random Jam: Do Or Die-"Smoke and Ride"



I still remember the first time I even heard of Do Or Die. It was in '96, Greg Street played "Po Pimp" on V103 and I became a fan right then and there. Of course I bought the album as soon it dropped and it was nothing short of fie. I was still in high school and had absolutely no idea or plans or even ambitions to be in the music industry at all, but when I heard "Smoke and Ride" I just knew they had to release this their second single...and they did. Hell, this might've been one of the main songs that drove me to trying weed for the first time...this shit just made you feel so cool. But yeah, don't want to talk too much, just enjoy the song and think back to when you heard this for the first time.

3 comments:

DJ Dee said...

i feel you. but whoa, i see that "mamas gun" in the background. i dig that!

Bayan The One said...

sorry about being off subject here...
mane, just saw your comment over at djpremierblog.blogspot.com which i'm following closely these days
it's a small (Internet) world ain't it LOL

Bayan The One said...

oh yeah, this is me, the frequenter with unintelligible nickname (formerly that is) lol