Monday, July 9, 2007

Swangin' & Bangin'

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Venus Williams won Wimbleton, again, this past weekend. I wasn't near my computer, so I couldn't blog on what I was feeling at the time. But right when I was gonna say what I was gonna say, my boy Walter Crunkite sent me a link to a story at ESPN.com written by Jemele Hill. She pretty much took the words out of my mouth, typed them, and got them published before I did.

Back in 2003, I tried to organize a conference call interview with the Williams sisters and Ms. Gibson. It almost happened. But, Ms. Gibson fell ill while we were scheduling it. Her people said to give her some time, so that she could get better. She passed soon after that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for venus and althea and wally and reese and jemele...

Anonymous said...

Arthur Ashe always credits Althea Gibson for providing an opportunity for his career.