Monday, August 23, 2010

Bilal Breaks Down Airtight's Revenge



Over the weekend I got a chance to catch up with Bilal. Apparently he came right back to Atlanta after his show with Erykah Badu from last Saturday. I was really looking forward to doing this interview after riding around to his new album Airtight's Revenge for the last couple of weeks.

With the current press run he is on right now, Bilal has a gang of (video) interviews on the web right now. But all of them pretty much focus on his past and "how do you feel about Love For Sale." Luckily, I was able to ask him about specific songs from the album after hearing them. Especially "Flying" and my personal favorite, "All Matter" (a more personalized rendition of the song he recorded for Robert Glasper's last album).

I didn't get as much time as I would've liked but I think it still came out pretty cool. I have an extended version of this interview with stuff about him growing up in Philadelphia, growing up as a Jazz guy in a Hip Hop generation and how his early days as a songwriter almost had him ready to jump off a cliff...but its kinda lengthy and we all know folks don't have the longest attention span on the internet. If ya'll want me to post it later, I will.

But yeah, check this clip out and let me know what you think. Airtight's Revenge in stores September 14th.

Oh yeah...today is dude's birthday, so wish him a happy one.

5 comments:

J.Speight said...

Great interview! Your right all the interviews I've checked out with Bilal has been very repetitive...so this approach was very refreshing. I've already pre-ordered the CD (Airtight's Revenge) so I'm too excited for that! Great work! SN:Dude I want your job!!!

JD said...

I'm working on my dissertation right now, so I can't settle into the interview yet. But I am SOOOO glad somebody else is tired of these redundant interviews--how long have you been singing, how do you feel about A Love for Sale, why'd you cut your hair, tell us what it was like to work with Dre, how'd you link up w/ Plug Research... yeah yeah yeah. If they just peeped the other interviews they'd already know the deal. There are some gems out there, but few. Ready to dig into this while I unwind tonight. Yessir.

And yes, baby, we want you to post the full length joint. YES. We want it all lol

Peace.

cheapuggs said...

Michael Kors Bags Stones lose the smile, the girl suddenly District cheek touched her hand, "this face, even I looked like."

michael kors shoulder bags Li Rong said: "The stone, and not too picky."

michael kors totes Sit down, sit down, he entertain her in the study, "I believe you have heard, Li Rong end of marriage, there was not any nanny I had."

michael michael kors bags Stone to sit down, "not necessarily get married?"

www.cheapestmichaelkors.com Her car at the mall entrance by road to go home.

cheapuggs said...

Cheap UGG Before marriage, you gotta go with the Mackie go again.

cheapest uggs ever Wake up, stone, wake up, nightmares?

cheap uggs for women A few moments he said: "I introduced my fiancee to you know."

where to buy uggs cheap Li Rong, pointing her hand to laugh, "you would like to ask! Overreaching."

www.cheapestbootsshop.com I just think you are particularly attentive, but, no more ceremony that move.

cheapuggs said...

Michael Kors Bags Area girl is not going to wear gauze or satin, she just wanted to pick a joyous set, you can cover with his hands.

michael kors shoulder bags No, I'm sorry, she has no friends.

michael kors totes Small group smiled and answered: "Let the eye brand of coffee."

michael michael kors bags Guo ride in the back of the jacket, three buttons, there are two hanging down.

www.cheapestmichaelkors.com Zhu police officers pulled faces, "What is the name that boys, in which inter-school?"